Nikon D3s has it all – The consummate Performer
The Nikon D3S is uniquely qualified to meet the changing needs of photographers whose assignments demand 100 % from them and their equipment. Leading with uncompromising FX-format multimedia versatility and engineered for demanding professional use at up to 9 fps, the D3S’ rugged magnesium alloy construction, comprehensively sealed against dust and moisture, delivers on its promises of superiority. Exacting moments in time are captured to an expanded buffer, allowing continuous capture of up to 82 JPEG (fine) or 36 14-bit NEF (RAW) images.
Nikon D3s DSLR: A breath of Fresh Air
Nikon’s newly engineered, original 12.1-megapixel CMOS sensor, teamed with exclusive technologies like EXPEED image processing, Nikon’s Scene Recognition System and a fast, accurate 51-area AF system, interact to assure that both still and smooth 24 fps HD video files exhibit incredible edge-to-edge sharpness, rich color depth and broad tonal range, while barrier-breaking performance enables low-noise ISO sensitivity to 12,800.
As yet unheard of ISO sensitivities of 25,600, 51,200 and an astounding 102,400, shatter many long-standing rules of photography. Not my favourite use for a DSLR, especially ne of this quality, the Nikon D3s has audio which accompanies HD video and is preserved with a built-in microphone, while high fidelity stereo sound is recorded through the external Mic input using an optional microphone.
More proven technologies include Nikon’s renowned 1,005-pixel RGB 3D Color Matrix Metering II, assuring exacting exposure evaluation and white balance detection. Precise image review and menu access comes alive with the D3S’ tempered glass-protected and individually factory-calibrated 3-inch, 921,000-dot Live View monitor. A self-diagnostic shutter, tested to beyond 300,000 cycles, and a myriad of inherent benefits deriving from decades of Nikon design experience, round out the D3S’ qualifications to meet the needs of professional photographers.
The D3s Stiking Sensor
Nikon-original FX-format CMOS Sensor Newly engineered for striking image fidelity and low-noise, optimizing pixel size and count in a 12.1-megapixel sensor to produce extraordinarily rich files. It features Low Noise ISO Sensitivity from 200 to 12,800 and has renowned low-noise performance at 12,800, plus expanded settings to an astounding ISO 102,400 (equivalent) and ISO 100 (equivalent).
The Nikon D3S features Continuous Capturing Up to 9 FPS. Secure precious moments in time with an expanded buffer, allowing continuous capture of up to 82 JPEG (fine) or 36 14-bit (RAW) images!
With its HD Video Capture the D3S can record smooth 24 fps HD video, making the absolute most of low noise D3S image quality together with high fidelity stereo sound capability.
Live View with Two Shooting Modes
This superb camera comes equipped with two modes for studio or remote shooting– Tripod Mode offers 27x magnification for precise focus confirmation.
It also features:-
- 3-Inch Super-density 921,000-dot VGA LCD Monitor
- D3S monitors are individually calibrated during assembly to assure accuracy.
- Dynamic Integrated Dust Reduction System
- Ultrasonic process combats the accumulation of dust on the optical low pass filter, safeguarding image quality.
- Nikon EXPEED Image Processing
- Drives breathtakingly rich image fidelity, low noise and fast image processing.
- Fast, Accurate 51-Point AF System
- 4 Dynamic modes and 15 cross-type sensors deliver AF precision and razor sharpness.
- 1,005-Pixel 3D Color Matrix Metering II
- Nikon-pioneered RGB metering includes color information to intelligently determine more accurate exposures.
- Scene Recognition System
- Referencing an onboard image database, teamed with RGB metering, SRS enhances exposure and white balance evaluation and improves AF speed and accuracy.
- Nikon D3s digital SLR highlights
- Rugged and Precise Magnesium Alloy Construction
- Effectively protected from invasive dust, moisture and electromagnetic interference with a self-diagnostic shutter mechanism tested to exceed 300,000 cycles.
- Nikon Picture Control
- Four preset options and 9 customizable settings provide personalized style control.
- 100 % Viewfinder Coverage
- Dual CF Card Slots with Overflow, Backup and Copy Option
- Virtual Horizon Graphic Indicator
- Up As many as 4,300 Images per Battery Charge
Nikon D3s Conclusion
The D3S is in my opinion one of the best entry level DSLR’s on the market and should be a serious contender for every budding photographer. Click on the image below to find out more on Amazon.
Nikon D3s Image Gallery